Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: California, Missouri, Nebraska, UtahOther ADR Services: Early Neutral Evaluation, Med-Arb
Mr. Holt is the Managing Principal of The Holt Group LLC in Denver, Colorado. He has over forty years of experience as a business and trial attorney, specializing in business, commercial and construction matters. His clients include owners (public and private), general contractors, design professionals and construction managers. He serves as a "first chair" trial and counseling attorney for many construction industry clients. Ty's experience extends from the simple to the most complex multi-party construction disputes. He practices in the Federal and State trial and appellate courts; before various federal, state and local agencies and administrative claims tribunals.
Ty is a nationally recognized construction neutral with more than thirty years of experience as a mediator and arbitrator. During this period, he has successfully mediated more than two hundred and fifty disputes and has served as an arbitrator in more than one hundred and fifty arbitration proceedings.
Ty has been a frequent speaker at local, regional and national educational programs for organizations such as the American Bar Association, American Arbitration Association, Design Build Institute of America and College of Commercial Arbitrators, Practicing Law Institute and various state bar associations.
Ty is admitted to practice law in the State of Colorado, and before the Supreme Court of Colorado and all subordinate Courts, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, the United States Supreme Court, the Los Angeles County Superior Court (Pro Hac Vice), the State of Hawaii Circuit Court for the First Circuit (Pro Hac Vice), the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (Pro Hac Vice), the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (Pro Hac Vice), the United States District Court for the District of Utah (Pro Hac Vice), The United States District Court for the Northern District of Nebraska (Pro Hac Vice) and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (Pro Hac Vice). He served as law clerk to the Honorable Preston Devine of the California Court of Appeals in 1974.
- Contract Disputes
- Professional Fees
- Master of Theology (1997) - Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy, Santa Monica CA
- Juris Doctor (1974) - The Law School, Stanford University, Palo Alto CA
- Bachelor of Arts (1971) - Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators ("CCA"), Past-President, Member of the Board of Directors and Chair, Executive Committee; Past Chair, Membership Committee
- Past Member, Governing Committee, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, 2007-2010
- Certified Mediator, International Mediation Institute
- Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member, American Arbitration Association, Counsel-rated Panel for Mega Construction Project Claims
- Member, American Arbitration Association, Master Mediator Panel - Construction (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming Region)
- Member, International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution ("CPR") Construction Industry Mediation and Arbitration Neutrals Panels and CPR Construction Advisory Committee
- Adjunct Professor, University of Colorado, Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering Department
- Regular Contributor, ABA Dispute Resolution Magazine's "On Professional Practice" Column
- Member, Dean's Advisory Council, The Stanford Law School
- Life Fellow, American and Colorado Bar Foundation
- Member Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, Delta of Georgia Chapter (1971)
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Urban Leadership Foundation of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Former Member and Chair, Litigation Counsel, Colorado Bar Association
$395.00 per hour plus reimbursable expenses, including travel.