Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1997
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2021): 3000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jul 2021): 40
- COLORADO SPRINGS
- EDWARDS/GLENWOOD SPRINGS
- FORT COLLINS
- GRAND JUNCTION
Robbie Meripol Barr’s experiences make her especially adept at mediation, a skill that has allowed her to resolve thousands of cases over the past 24 years.
Barr’s ability to settle claims stems in part from a diverse legal background that gives her multiple perspectives on the court process. In private practice, she tried complex civil cases, developing special expertise in commercial torts, real estate litigation, construction disputes, professional malpractice and all types of contractual claims.
Only six years out of law school, Barr achieved an AV Martindale-Hubbell rating. She knows how tough it is to manage a practice and to try cases, and she understands the issues that lawyers face in their daily practice.
Barr also understands the court process from the other side of the bench. Barr’s judicial experience began when she took her oath in January of 1991, joining Miami-Dade County’s Circuit Court (the largest circuit in the state and the fourth largest trial court in the nation). To survive, Barr was required to learn trial management quickly.
In addition to trying hundreds of cases in her civil docket, Barr handled 2,300 asbestos cases, which resulted in a 95% settlement rate. Additionally, she assumed duties as an appellate judge, hearing appeals in the Circuit Court’s Appellate Division, as well as twice being invited to sit as a Visiting Judge in Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Wrongful Death
Barr always excelled academically, graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Newcomb College of Tulane University, and serving as an editor on The University of Miami’s Law Review before graduating with honors in 1980.
Memberships & Affiliations
Barr has been invited to teach and train in a wide array of forums and to assume positions of leadership in the bar associations to which she belongs.
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 – 2021 in Mediation
- Colorado Super Lawyers 2016 – 2020
- Recognized by her peers in 5280 Magazine’s Denver’s Top Lawyers 2015 – 2020
- Faculty Member for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Multiple presentations to Colorado, Florida, and American Bar Association groups, including: ABA Section of Dispute Resolution, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Colorado Employment Law Conference, Faculty of Federal Advocates boot camp, Colorado Bar Association Statewide ADR Conference, ABA Environmental, Products Liability & Mass Tort Litigation Committee’s Joint CLE Seminar, and the Colorado Judicial Conference
- Past Director and President of the Boulder Bar Foundation
- Past Board member for the Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor at University of Miami School of Law Litigation Skills Program
- Chair of the Education Section of the Conference of Circuit Judges
- Appointed Member of Florida’s Article V Advisory Committee
$400 per hr