Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2008
- Total Mediations (as of May 2021): 250
- Total Arbitrations (as of May 2021): 50
- COLORADO SPRINGS
- EDWARDS/GLENWOOD SPRINGS
- FORT COLLINS
- GRAND JUNCTION
After 16 years on the district court bench, Kenneth M. Plotz retired as chief judge of the Eleventh Judicial District in central Colorado in 2005 to become a mediator and a judge on senior status.
He earned his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Denver. After stepping off the bench, he completed a master's degree in Public Affairs from the University of Colorado, Denver. During his tenure on the bench, Judge Plotz presided over bench and jury trials concerning a wide range of cases and actively participated as a settlement judge and was successful in settling numerous domestic, construction defect, personal injury and business cases.
As chief judge, he instituted a case management system that improved the flow of cases and promoted early resolution of civil, domestic and probate cases. Since joining AB Conflict Resolution Services, he has facilitated settlement in cases concerning business disputes, contractual matters, construction defect cases, employment disputes, probate and personal injury claims.
He has also arbitrated cases involving similar issues, and has served as a hearing officer for public entities concerning employment disputes. In 2009 to 2010 Judge Plotz went to Kathmandu, Nepal where he worked for the International Legal Foundation, whose mission is to establish public defender systems in post-conflict countries.
- Contract Disputes
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Negligence
- University of Colorado, Denver, Master of Public Affairs, 2010
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, JD, 1973
- National Judicial College, San Francisco, California, 2000
- Advanced Family Law Institute, 2004
- University of Denver, Colorado, BA, Political Science, 1970
Memberships & Affiliations
- Eleventh Judicial District, Colorado, Chief Judge, 2000-2005
- Eleventh Judicial District, Colorado, District Court Judge, 1989-2005
Please call for details